Comments Off on Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos… Next Aussie Brand?
A couple of years ago the Australian Government announced it was offering Advertising agencies a “prize” of twenty million dollars to come up with a new “brand” to sell Australia overseas… and not just for tourism!
The new “Brand Australia” advertising campaign is designed to ensure continued interest in Australia not only as a tourist destination but as a place to live, a place to invest in, etc… pretty “big picture” stuff.
Some of the interesting campaigns we’ve had:
- football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars. Remember THAT campaign? If you do, then you must be starting to show your age 🙂
- Paul Hogan and his “put another shrimp on the barbie”,
- Kylie Minogue – our Queen of music and still a great ambassador O/S,
- and more recently Lara Bingle… the “Where the bloody hell are ya?” campaign was apparently a huge flop and even banned in a few overseas countries
So waddyareckon is gonna help sell Australia overseas?
Coincidence or not??? One thing I’ve noticed a lot more in the last few days has been this new Qantas “I still call Australia home” commercial!
Remember… it’s NOT just about people and places… you’ve got to include education, investment and trade to keep the Government happy and secure your $20million.
Ask anyone in Small Business, and most of them need all the help they can get! It’s plain hard work, and you have to be a master of all trades to do it properly.
And if you ever venture online… well an entirely new world awaits you… with a very steep learning curve to do it the right way.
Since 1997, the Small Business Support Network has been helping small businesses from around the world
- to get started the right way with their online business
- develop new business with some great networking opportunities
- promote their business web site
And it’s free to sign up!
So if you’re in small business, then go register with OzSmallBiz now.